- All week
- In South Africa Mon-Thurs (return to UK Friday)
- All last week in South Africa for Shuttleworth Fellows meetup
- Post about meetups and hackdays in South Africa
- Humanities working group meetup
- Limited coding and contribution to CKAN, specifically on:
- Work on v0.11 release of OpenSpending. In particular updating and improving openspendingjs so that we have a proper bubbletree explorer. Check out, for example this bubbletree of UK gov expenditure in 2010 – which also includes a breakdown (see the donut ring) by region
- OKFN Dashboard hackday
- Africa at Home hackday where I worked on PyBossa – an opensource crowdsourcing engine. PyBossa is a port the BOSSA crowdsourcing engine to python (a bit like an opensource mechanical turk but without money!) and with an initial focus on helping scientists and other researchers crowd-source human problem-solving skills!
- More meetings and coding with people in South Africa including Cape Town meetup
- OpenSpending especially coding on ETL and loading system and getting data loaded!
- Finish off Community Dashboard with Tom Rees
- Data Explorer integrated into new CKAN resource pages
read original post on [author-name]'s Site